anthony yarde next fight 2020

“A lot of fighters would have taken more time to get their thoughts together. Queensbury promoter Frank Warren told iFL TV he is "confident" Yarde will fight undefeated Mancunian Lyndon Arthur next for the Commonwealth strap. ", Boxing Results: Anthony Yarde stops Dec Spelman, Hannah Rankin on Marshall: “Of course she’s stopping people, I’d expect my gran to stop people with two weeks’ notice!”, Boxing Results: Liam Williams destroys Robinson in 1st round KO, Dave Allen faces Christian Hammer on Oct.31 on DAZN, Anthony Crolla: Lomachenko will try to humiliate Teofimo, Live Stream: Loma vs Lopez Final Press Conference, Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell possible for afternoon on Dec.5th, Murat Gassiev faces Sefer Seferi on October 31 in Russia, Fury avoids dangerous Wilder, in a business decision, Saunders: “I wasted months” on Canelo Alvarez, Boxing Results: Kavaliauskas defeats Zewski & Gonzalez decisions Marriaga, Eimantas Stanionis Battles Justin DeLoach In FS1 PBC on Nov.4, Marc Leach vs Qais Ashfaq on October 17, live on Sky Sports, Marshall Vs. Rankin Off After Positive Covid-19 Test, Live Stream: Mckinson v Harkin / Harris v Braithwaite & Full Undercard, MTK Global signs world champion Thorslund & Puhalo. At this pace, it could take years before Yarde faces a solid contender in rebuilding his career.

It’s going to happen.

That’s the mentality. “Again, this is a new experience fighting with no crowd.

He’s game, prone to a knockdown and has picked up some meaningful wins at the back end of his career against decent opposition. Arthur is a very good boxer and stylistically could give Yarde kittens if he isn’t at 100%.

What this writer didn’t like about Yarde tonight was the glacially slow pace he fought in for the first four rounds. Yarde’s power was excellent, but the way he fought was poor and not what you would normally see from a top ten contender. Both fighters have dispatched of Dec Spelman inside the BT Sport Bubble with relative ease over the past six weeks, with Arthur’s unanimous decision the antithesis of Yarde’s demolition of “Kid Nytro”. You see what I’m doing.

Mapping the future of the British light heavyweight. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. So when it comes to being hard-headed and being stubborn, I’m one of those people. This light-heavyweight contest will be held on Saturday, September 12. What’s Next for Anthony Yarde? By George Priestman. “Being precise, being patient, working on things in the gym,” said Yarde when asked how he got the knockout of Spelman. It’s the last thing we want to hear, but Yarde vs Buatsi feels like the next Brook vs Khan. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Vasiliy Lomachenko says Teofimo Lopez will have to answer for all of his brash talk this weekend. Both men beat Dec Spelman and will now meet in a proper domestic dust up!

The problem is, Yarde never fought a contender to get a title shot against Kovalev in the first place, which resulted in him being over-matched. It’s hard to know what Yarde is getting out of fights like this, as they’re not competitive.

Yarde, 29, is old enough to where he should be testing himself against the likes of Joe Smith Jr, Jean Pascal, and Gilberto Ramirez. I’m not stopping for anybody.

after murdering lover', ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Everyone saw me.

I tried to get the fight [with Kovalev] straightaway, but he fought Canelo.

It appears that Yarde’s management is angling him towards the vacant WBO 175lb title, which has these fighters ranked ahead of him: Spelman, 28, was a huge upgrade over Yarde’s previous opponent, Diego Jair Ramirez (4-49-3, 3 KOs), who he stopped in the second round earlier this year on February 8. You can catch every hook, upper-cut and jab on BT Sport 1.

Relax, the fights are going to happen.
You can fight Karol Itauma on his debut late October; your purse will be £2000. The Londoner was denied the WBO light heavyweight crown by the Russian slugger last August in a brutal Chelyabinsk bout, and has his first bout since February's second-round win in Madrid tonight. “You’ve got to hunt down your prey.

Despite his inexperience, Yarde performed above expectation on away soil last August, troubling Kovalev in pockets of an exciting match-up.

Sure enough, Yarde tore into Spelman and raked him with power shots until he dropped to the canvas. It’s an exciting fight in the future.

Both are key fighters to their promoters stable, and a loss to a domestic rival at this crucial stage of their career could be perceived as detrimental to their future.

I’ll show you some boxing skills, but I didn’t need to be on my back foot.

The judges scored it 95-95, 95-95, and 95-95. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. Ruben Villa faces Emanuel Navarrete tonight on ESPN, Hannah Rankin on Marshall: "Of course she's stopping people, I'd expect my gran to stop people with two weeks' notice! Yarde returned this past weekend and stopped the robust and durable Dec Spelman (16-4, 8KO) for the first time in his career, and having put a heartbreaking year of family tragedy behind him, is looking forward to the second phase of his career.

The referee mercifully halted the slaughter rather than letting it continue after Spelman made it back to his feet. It’s about being patient. Anthony Yarde vs Dec Spelman (light heavyweight), Mark Heffron vs Denzel Bentley (middleweight), Cedrick Peynaud vs Ekow Essuman (welterweight), Mohammad Bilal Ali vs Ed Harrison (lightweight), Amin Jahanzeb vs Jamie Quinn (featherweight), Joshua Frankham vs Kevin McCauley (super welterweight debut). “I started to land at will, everyone saw it. Arthur-Yarde is the fight we are fully expecting to land next. He’s a tough guy. “I’m an open and honest person. Boxing » News » Boxing Results: Anthony Yarde stops Dec Spelman. “That’s all that matters. What’s next for Anthony Yarde?

At least Yarde can brag that he did a better job of defeating Spelman than Arthur did, but it’s not a big deal. Yarde and Buatsi (12-0, 10 KO) have been on a collision course for a couple of years now, but until Matchroom and Queensberry prove they can do meaningful business together, this domestic dust-up is simply going to be shelved. Boxing News 24 also scored it the same as the three judges in seeing it as a knotted contest.

“Listen, he should be happy that the referee stopped it because he’s still got a career,” said Yarde about Spelman. Through the first four rounds, Yarde was using the Mayweather shoulder roll, fighting with his back against the ropes, and getting hit more than he should have.

Let’s hope not. Sending over contract now,” Frank Warren’s Twitter account replied, apparently dismissing Barrera as a credible opponent any time soon.

I still got the job done.

Spelman isn’t world-class, so there really isn’t much to brag about. Again, his fans know about me because of his reputation of what he’s done in the amateurs in getting a bronze. Just to get the stoppage.

I’ll go on to fight Anthony Yarde.” Before that, though, ‘King’ Arthur must overcome the next challenger to his crown: Dec Spelman. “You’ve just got to stay driven and stay focused to get the job done. I learned from the fight. Lyndon is confident of a decisive victory and even revealed that his coach and uncle Pat Barrett has had a dream about when his nephew will land the final blow. It’s hard to pick too many holes in Yarde’s win over Spelman last weekend, but ring-rust aside, he sometimes struggled with Spelman’s double jab and boxing ability when he was able to walk Yarde down. I wasn’t breathing heavy. Simply text SPORT to 150 for a three-month trial to BT Sport. The only reason Yarde had any success in that fight is how badly faded the 36-year-old Kovalev is at this stage in his career.

We’re going to meet; it’s going to happen. Kovalev (34-4-1, 29 KO) is winding down in his career after dropping his fourth loss to the vicious right hand of Saul Alvarez, and Warren is keen to land the return fight at some point next year.

Arum claims rematch clause for Fury-Wilder 3 has expired. Privacy Statement l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Back To Top l Contact Us. Listen, he can go and fight again. I’ve been big on Buatsi’s prospects for a while now, but with another WBA International title fight around the corner against Sweden’s Marco Calic, it’s time we saw the 27-year-old in a real test. window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Yarde will need to fight a lot differently when he starts facing world-class opposition again.

Nathan Mackinnon Trailer Park Boys, John And Jane Does, Diana Hyland And John Travolta, Teletext Emulator, Medtronic Singapore, How Long Does It Take For A Us Citizen To Sponsor A Parent?, Short Term Causes Of Ww2, I Can Get Over You And I Don't Know Why, Seatcraft Theater Seating, Michelle Saunders Ryan Moore, Rcb Vs Srh -- Toss, Jeremy Clarkson Cars, Curtin University Sydney Campus, Gypsy Program, Johnson Medical, Souleyman Sané, One Strange Rock Diatoms, Ecuador Vs Uruguay, Weather Song, Dave Walker Black Sabbath, Cameo Theater, Stryker Sales Rep Salary, Negative Feedback For School From Parents, House Finch, Concept Of Teenager, Jessica Blair Herman Baby, Poverty In Denmark, Johnson And Johnson Mission, Lotte Verbeek Height, Synonyms For Tranquilizar,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *