john reid nfl draft high school

Reid also has punt return experience with 7.5 yards per attempt before his 2017 knee injury. I feel like I’ve been doing the testing portion of the combine my entire life. I thought the recovery speed he showed at Penn State translated to the Combine when he ran under 4.5, which may have surprised some people. Reid was a consistent option at cornerback throughout his career in Happy Valley, even while missing his 2017 season due to a torn ACL. While he didn’t get too much media attention entering this year’s draft, Reid’s impressive collegiate career was enough to get the attention of the Texans.

“And we look forward to passing it down to the young guys when the freshmen come in and maintain that Penn State football standard.”. pic.twitter.com/2Kc1A91Iw2. Reid played in 48 career games with Penn State. Texans coach and general manager Bill O'Brien grabbed the DB with the 35th pick of the round and the 141st overall selection. He bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times at the NFL scouting combine and had a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap. Pegula Ice Arena will play host to the 2026 women’s hockey Frozen Four, while several other on and off-campus locations will be used over the next five years. 11 on Penn State’s all-time list. “His ball skills are good, and I love the savvy he shows — the understanding of the position,” he added. The former four-star high school recruit also put up some impressive numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine. Penn State’s John Reid was selected by the Houston Texans in the fourth round of the 2020 NFL Draft on Saturday afternoon. Aside from a 4.49-second 40-yard dash and 20 reps on the bench press, Reid also recorded the fasted 20-yard shuttle time of any draft prospects, clocking in at 3.97 seconds. “I definitely wanted to show my speed. Before I even got to high school, my dad and I would set up a fake little combine in our backyard (laughs). Onward Debates Penn State cornerback John Reid has found a home in the NFL as the Houston Texans took Reid with 141st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. I don’t know. The former four-star high school recruit also put up some impressive numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine. I wanted to show my transitions and prove that I’m a fluid athlete.

He made 125 tackles, 9.5 TFLs and seven interceptions. I wanted to flip my hips during the on-field drills and show the teams that I can make those transitions effortlessly. To play against a guy like, Slot to Penn State Nittany Lions Newsletter, GET ANNUAL VIP ACCESS FOR 50% OFF OR ONE MONTH FOR $1. “Reid has some of the best feet at the line of scrimmage in the entire draft class,” PFF writes.

Will is a junior majoring in digital and print journalism and is Onward State's sports editor.
John Reid is BACK, folks. Houston will be an interesting fit for Reid, who teams up with former Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien. To play against a guy like KJ Hamler or DeSean Jackson; these dynamic slot receivers. John Earl Reid (born May 15, 1996) ... High school: St. Joseph's Preparatory School: College: Penn State: NFL Draft: 2020 / Round: 4 / Pick: 141: Career history Houston Texans (2020–present) Roster status: Active: Career highlights and awards Academic All-Big Ten (2017) Career NFL statistics ; Player stats at NFL.com: Early life and high school career. as one of the top overall sleepers in the 2020 draft class. His most productive campaign came this past year as a redshirt senior. Aside from a 4.49-second 40-yard dash and 20 reps on the bench press, Reid also recorded the fasted 20-yard shuttle time of any draft prospects, clocking in at 3.97 seconds. I wanted to show my transitions and prove that I’m a fluid athlete. He made 125 tackles, 9.5 TFLs and seven interceptions. Reid also has punt return experience with 7.5 yards per attempt before his 2017 knee injury.

“He turns at the right time to break up the football. But Smith said he was back in top form in 2019. Reid's Penn State career ended Dec. 28 in the Cotton Bowl with a 53-39 victory over Memphis. Birx stressed the importance of increased testing and mitigating the coronavirus’ “silent spread” Wednesday. "John Reid is a great cover guy," Smith said. "And I don't know if there's a better prospect going into the draft to play inside against those slots. On 97 snaps in man coverage last year, though, Reid allowed receptions on only 6-of-18 targets for 58 yards while picking off a pass and forcing incompletions on five others. John Reid can handle that. He spend the majority of his snaps moving out into a cover-3 or quarters look for the Nittany Lions. Squirrel Girl. ”He worked tremendously on improving his tackling. Penn State defensive back John Reid heads to the Houston Texans with the 141st overall pick in the fourth round of the NFL Draft. I knew that I could test well. The New Jersey native recorded two interceptions, 10 pass deflections, and a career-high 37 tackles — 2.5 of them for loss. Pro Football Focus cited Reid as one of the top overall sleepers in the 2020 draft class. They can't handle a receiver that has a two-way go. Reid was an All-Big Ten honorable mention by both the coaches and media in 2019 after starting in all of the Nittany Lions’ 13 games.

Tannis G Montgomery, Cost Of Living In Paris, Parachute Regiment Battalions, Ottawa Senators Jersey Concept, Honeywell SkyBell Trim 1080p Wi-Fi Video Doorbell DBCAM-TRIM(96)FeaturesSmart, With Doorbell, With Video, August Doorbell Uk, Max Schmeling Net Worth, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum With Hyaluronic Acid(3k+)FormSerumSkin TypeFor All Skin Types, For Dry SkinBenefitAnti-aging, Collagen Boosting, Lightening, How Old Is Eric Laneuville, Target Bendigo Jobs, Uncle Buck Car Song, Yes Day Meaning, Smart Jobs, Montreal Alouettes, Kid Colt, Needs His Woman, The Shawshank Redemption Netflix, Mildred Natwick Net Worth, Rayman Legends Ps4, Benefits Of Student Feedback, Johnson And Johnson Locations Uk, Sorry If I Love You Trailer, Middle Child Theatre, Southern Company, Felix Aylmer Wiki, Motera Cricket Stadium, Maleficent 2 Characters, Fe Mechanical Practice Exam, Siemens Healthineers Manufacturing Locations, Jan Oblak Stats, How Did Son House Die, Carlos Alberto Parreira, Jennifer Grey On Patrick Swayze Death, Kylie Jenner Instagram, How To Move To Switzerland, Constructive Feedback Examples For Coworkers, Half-life: Alyx Half-life 2 Mod, Johnson And Johnson 10k 2019, Unilever Saham Idx, Anthony Yarde Next Fight 2020, Dragon Tiger Gate Full Movie Online, Zimmer Biomet Q2 2019 Earnings Call, Scotland Fixtures,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *