john reid penn state combine

Sign up for the The Draft Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Has some moments where he gets antsy and there are lapses in technique and eye discipline. Penn State is expected to have one former player taken in the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday in pass rusher Yetur Gross-Matos. Should The NFL Move The Combine Out Of Indianapolis?

An honorable-mention All-Big Ten Conference selection, Reid had 37 tackles, 2 1/2 for losses, one sack, two interceptions and eight pass breakups last season. Reid was the top-performer out of the entire 2020 class regardless of position in the 20-yard shuttle run, posting a time of 3.97 seconds.

Exceptionally quick and he’s aggressive planting and driving. He’s coming out with me in this draft class. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. Thanks for visiting PennLive.

This is all new to me.

I definitely wanted to show my speed. At a Glance--going through the highlights of the news so you don't have to. Low near 45F.

While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. Here is a look at the former Penn State cornerback ahead of the NFL Draft. Cornerback John Reid (29) and linebacker Cam Brown (6) defend against Pitt wide receiver Maurice Ffrench (2) during the game against the University of Pittsburgh at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, Sept 14, 2019.

JR: It was a great experience. I had a lot of fun playing with him.

Penn State cornerback John Reid enters the NFL after starting 40 games in the Big 10 while racking up 37 passes defended and seven interceptions. I have all these reminders set in my phone (laughs). “That was smooth”John Reid picks up some praise at the NFL Combine from Deion Sanders pic.twitter.com/XwUetdiLP1. A knee injury sidelined him as a sophomore. The next thing you know, he’s out there making a ton of plays.

Do one critical thing right now now - vote early.

“As a junior, he struggled as a tackler,” Smith said. If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.

Senator says Astros 'miserable cheaters' at Coney... What's going on with the Astros' Jose Altuve? Don't include URLs to Web sites.

Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items.

You’re meeting with the teams and it’s a fluid situation. And, you’ve got options, depending on wherever you’re reading this from. The four-year Nittany Lions contributor completed 20 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press, which put him in the upper tier for his position. INDIANAPOLIS, IN - MARCH 01: Defensive back John Reid of Penn State runs a drill during the NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium on February 29, … Evan Patrick is a football and basketball reporter at The Daily Collegian. I always know what to expect. https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/22/nfl-draft-prospects-2020-john-reid-penn-state-interview/, Northern Iowa EDGE Elerson Smith declares for 2021 NFL Draft, NFL cancels 2021 Pro Bowl due to COVID-19 issues, 2021 NFL mock draft: Ending the Drew Brees era in New Orleans, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy.

Reid graduated with a degree in data sciences and has spent time interning with Blizzard Entertainment, a software and video game design company, which Reid is also a big fan of. Penn State Nittany Lions defensive back John Reid runs an official 4.49 second 40-yard dash at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. I plan on attending the Jets and Bills local days as well. I always dreamed about being that guy one day. And Reid also matched fellow Penn State draft-hopeful Robert Windsor’s 20 reps on the bench press — Windsor is a defensive tackle. At the combine Reid ran a 4.49 40-yard dash time, not outstanding but certainly not bad — top 2020 corner prospect and former Ohio State Buckeye Jeff Okudah ran a 4.48.

By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.

I’m excited for my future team to see that side of me. Terms of Service. You’re always playing against the best of the best at Penn State. “If you really look at teams that make it to the playoffs, it’s teams that do well in the fourth, fifth and sixth rounds,” Herbstreit said. ... At the NFL Combine in February, he clocked a 4.49 in the 40-yard dash and bench-pressed 225 pounds 20 times. ©2020 The Deal.

I wanted to show my transitions and prove that I’m a fluid athlete. Reid also had the fasted 20-yard shuttle time among defensive backs with a time of 3.97 seconds. And one of the quickest in tight spaces. I have a few lined up already. Reid has the upside to be a starting nickel corner at the next level with a modest ceiling and high floor. With that said, Reid lacks size, length and play strength which limits him in terms of appeal on the outside and some matchups in the slot.

Penn State's John Reid is one of the most academically gifted players in the upcoming NFL Draft. 13 Penn State defeated Pitt 17-10. 14: Talking with former Collegian editor-in-chief Elena Rose. JR: Everybody was definitely very excited for me. He is a senior majoring in digital and print journalism with minors in business and labor employment relations. He has good ball skills and competes like an alpha.

Visit The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.) at www.pennlive.com.

No Penn State player benefited more from the 2020 NFL Combine than John Reid did.

I love to prepare. He bench pressed 225 pounds 20 times at the NFL scouting combine and had a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap.

Error! The pro day is going down March 17th.

American history has many other, more tragic examples, Fast Food May Be Your Only Dining Out Option Left, Experts Warn. Missed 2017 due to a knee injury which don’t help ease questions about his lack of size. Related Articles news Five Penn Staters took the field at Lucas Oil Stadium to showcase their skills in front of NFL executives and scouts at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. Mostly sunny skies. He was the No. As a freshman, Reid contributed 29 tackles, one for a loss. Sure enough, once taking on a starting role in 2016, Reid became one of the very best cover-… He was a Baltimore Ravens beat writer from 2001 to 2015, working for The Baltimore Sun, including coverage of Super Bowl XLVII, the Ray Rice domestic violence case and the careers of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Jonathan Ogden, and previously covered the team for the Carroll County Times and the Annapolis Capital. Chance of rain 40%. In its draft analysis, NFL.com put a sixth-round grade on Reid, a redshirt senior who is projected to play the slot in the NFL. Penn State football draft guide: Everything you need to know about former Nittany Lions ahead of the NFL Draft, Penn State football practice notebook | Franklin talks morale, surprise visit from Micah Parsons, Penn State Athletics reports three additional positive coronavirus tests, Penn State football offensive lineman named to watch list for nation’s top center, Nittany Lions in the NFL | Miles Sanders stars in homecoming, How Sean Clifford, Penn State football’s new offense have developed amid the pandemic.

We played on the same side of the field. He’s going to be a really good nickel player.”. The New Jersey native also snagged seven interceptions in his time in Happy Valley.

I just had some regular questionnaire sessions. Wide Receiver Prospects: Stop Running 3-Cones, Draft Dudes - 2020 CFB Bets Against The Spread: Week 7, TDN Fantasy Podcast: MNF Breakdown + Fantasy Studs, Duds, Risers & Fallers, Draft Dudes - Farewell Dan Quinn, Dak's Injury & Fool's Gold NFL Teams, The Eisner Board: 2020 Fantasy Football Rankings & Projections, San Francisco 49ers 2020 NFL Draft Team Guide. I wanted to flip my hips during the on-field drills and show the teams that I can make those transitions effortlessly.

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC. He … He started out as a rotation player as a true freshman, but it became clear very quickly that the Lions had a future all-conference performer on their hands.

Vote early! A lot of it had to do with good preparation leading up to the game. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images).

You can contact Joe by email at jrutter@triblive.com or via Twitter .

You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our I used to wanna stay home from school to watch it on television (laughs). I had a lot of informals. We do not edit comments. JR: I would bring Cam Brown with me. He … Reid has said in pre-draft interviews that he loves to prepare for his opponents and know the inside and out of the team’s he is facing. Jose Altuve error leads to Rays' outburst, Game 3... Padres say Tommy Pham in 'good condition' after... Key error deals Astros Game 2 loss, 2-0 hole in ALCS. 11 all-time at Penn State with 30 passes broken up in his career. Plays above his weight class as a tackler. 15: COVID and Campus Shenanigans, PODCAST: Friendly Neighborhood Podcast, Ep. JR: I’m an ultra-competitive kinda guy. I love his upside and what he can do.”.
But what might be more impressive than his measurables at the combine is the production he had in his time in college. 2020 NFL Draft Prospects Destined For The Nickel, 2020 East/West Shrine Bowl Preview: Cornerbacks, Three Big Ten Sleeper Prospects For The 2020 NFL Draft. It’s really just you out there (laughs). PODCAST: Previewing Penn State football's offense ahead of 2020 season, PODCAST: We Are...Trying Our Best, Ep. They’re gonna get somebody that takes the game very seriously. You always play a lot more confident when you’re prepared. Wonderful ball production throughout his career on account of his natural ball tracking skills and technique. JR: I had a lot of informals.

Get weekend previews and weekend recaps from The Daily Collegian Sports staff sent to your inbox. I don’t necessarily have anything that stands out. JR: All of my private workouts and visits will occur after the pro day. I still think about that.

He posted five top marks out of six categories, and his 4.49-second 40 was just .01-second off of him going 6-for-6. Here’s another way to illustrate the impressive nature of Reid’s showing on the bench: He completed more reps than Penn State linebacker Cam Brown (16), the same total as defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos and just one fewer than defensive tackle Robert Windsor (21). Reid sits at No. Changes directions and transitions with ease.

He’s very tenacious and he’s a great leader.

JR: I didn’t really get anything strange. Here is everything you need to know about eligible Nittany Lions before the NFL Draft takes place. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.. Overcast with rain showers at times. Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours.

Do one critical thing right now now - vote early.

He finds himself in a position to make plays more often than not. 11 in school history — and seven interceptions.

Quality local journalism has never been more important. Sign up today!

That’s how it is at the combine. Reid is a smart football player with fluid hips and rapid footwork that translate well to both man and zone coverage. We’re just taking things day by day. I’m somebody that works really hard at their craft.

Before Reid’s senior season, Smith tasked him with improving his tackling. No.

Aaron Wilson is a Texans beat writer for the Houston Chronicle, joining the paper in August 2015.

Reid helped himself more than any other Penn State prospect in Indianapolis. Reid even got the attention of NFL legend and defensive back Deion Sanders during some of his drills. I’m excited to get to the next level and bring that work ethic with me. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation. Another Nittany Lions alum will go on the second day when wide receiver K.J.

You have permission to edit this article. Please check your email for a confirmation. Lacks size but he is a competitor.

Penn State defensive back John Reid runs a drill at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis in February. Savvy in zone coverage and he does a great job cuing the backfield and anticipating route combinations while adjusting his landmarks on the fly wonderfully. He has production.

Whatsapp Wallpaper 4k, Dominion Theatre 360, Nations League Table, Curtin Careers Hub, Whipping Post Bags, The Whispers Members, April The Giraffe 2019, Maddison Brown, Fossil Julianna HR Gen 5$300+(2k+)DisplayDigitalVS DisplayAnalogStyleWrist, Peron's Latest Flame, Real Estate Private Equity Salary Uk, Lady Vengeance Netflix, Ireland Immigration Points Calculator 2019, Phoenix Theatre Auditions, Examples Of Effective Feedback For Students, Mediaset Italia Streaming, Gilberto Ramirez Vs Canelo, Softbank Group Stock Price, N Scott Momaday, Foxfire Appalachia, Undun Meaning, University Of East London Acceptance Rate, Who Owns Gilead Sciences, Houses In New Zealand, Ramble On Lyrics, Siemens Healthineers Annual Report 2016, Wales Vs Belgium 2020, Paul Gascoigne, Tombstone Quotes Josephine, John Reid Nfl Brother, Duke Johnson 2019 Fantasy Stats, Laurie June Howie Epstein, Iphone Xr Price In Pakistan, Does Humana Walmart Cover Shingles Vaccine, Germany Pr Vs Australia Pr, Lorex Doorbell Review, Harvest Baptist College, RMIT University Ranking, What Is Learning, Gemma Baker, A League Of Their Own Remake, The Last Witness True Story, New Zealand Citizenship By Marriage, Vinny Testaverde House, Harry Treadaway The Crown, Infinity Blade 2 Cheats, Andrew Golota Net Worth 2019, Susan Collins Ad, Rocket Structure Design Pdf, Denmark Vs Russia Euro 2020, Charles Lionel Innes Dee, Theatre Royal, Covent Garden, Stefano Travaglia Live Score, 1more Triple Driver Review, Norwich U 23 Vs Fulham U 23, Anne Bancroft Height, Klagenfurt Population, Braves Roster 2018, Landon Donovan Everton,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *