mekhi becton high school

He was about 6-foot-3, 220 as an eighth-grader, that’s when I first met him. However, he did not take part in any drills nor was he designated to return from injured reserve. He’s the guy — when we played pick-up basketball in the school — he’s the guy wanting to play point guard. And I say that not knowing every superstar that’s been in New York.
Needless to say, we ran the ball behind him. Bio. Surely, Bell's Twitter liking spree and unwillingness to speak to the media didn't go unnoticed in the locker room, but this wasn't the resolution that anybody expected. New York surprisingly cut the former All-Pro running back on Tuesday after failing to find a trade partner willing to take on his salary. You could tell the basketball had been helping him. I guess because the flag came up at the combine. There's no guarantee any of that dominant play will transfer over into the pros, but if he can put together any of the highlights like he did in high school, Becton is looking at a long and successful NFL career. So he went from football season to basketball season to compete with everybody in the neighborhood. So that’s one thing. Please check your email for a confirmation. Johnson: Yeah. But he’ll invest a lot in that community.
11 pick of the 2020 NFL Draft.

JW: What is your favorite Mekhi Becton story from your time coaching him? And he was starting to grow into his body and understand his body. Johnson: When he came to us in between his freshman and sophomore year, that summer, it was almost like he was growing an inch per day. And I say that not knowing every superstar that’s been in New York. It’s unlikely the Giants will take Becton fourth but general manager Dave Gettleman has been unpredictable at the draft table. And then, of course, it’s the hanging around the program and constantly doing something. I think Method Man sent him a shout-out last night. But it has produced a handful of long-lasting NFL linemen, and Mekhi Becton appears to be next. You can get them faster. Johnson coached Becton at Highland Springs High School, roughly nine miles east of Richmond, Virginia, and less than 10 miles south of Jets general manager Joe Douglas’ high school alma mater, Lee-Davis.

He really thinks he’s Magic Johnson. Widely regarded as a three-star football prospect, Becton was recognized by several sports pundits.

Becton had a “breakout” year in 2019 to some scouts, but he was protected by a Louisville offense that emphasized play-action passing and a high rate of screens. And then, of course, it’s the hanging around the program and constantly doing something.

And of course, his parents have seen him forever. Becton was born in Virginia and attended Highland Springs High School where he was rated as a … The Jets play the Dolphins in Week 6 and in Week 12. He grabbed me by my shirt and he said, “Run the ball behind me.”. So he went from football season to basketball season to compete with everybody in the neighborhood. If Bell does sign with any of those three teams, the Jets will see him again soon.

Perriman and Bell only got the chance to play about 2.5 quarters of football with one another. JW: What was he like when you first met him? They ask about hobbies. He will invest a lot into the growth of football there, the growth of the Jets organization, how they’ve been moving, the things that they’ve been doing. But he’ll invest a lot in that community. Taking Mekhi Becton fourth overall might be the biggest draft reach in recent memory. The Jets will still have to carry a $4 million dead money salary, but New York now leads the league in salary cap space for the 2021 offseason with Bell's future earnings off the books. The Richmond area doesn't produce a lot of high-level offensive linemen. And from that point forward, it took off and it started running. As athletic and skilled as Becton is for his position, his abilities are all the more … While he had been heavily recruited by Virginia, he ultimately chose Louisville on signing day. I mean, his work ethic is pretty impeccable. But for me, as a head football coach of a team trying to win a second title in a row, it spoke volumes about where we were going to go and how well our offense was gonna play the rest of the year. He was regarded as a three-star prospect, ranked as the No. A lot of people were surprised by it. Dallas is leading the division with a 2-3 record followed by Philadelphia at 1-3-1, Washington and the Giants. And I’m the guy that calls plays. His pants were too short.

Johnson: He wasn’t necessarily this big. But I think the biggest thing is, man, he will probably care more about the people in New York than most superstars will. You know, [Douglas was] just trying to put — kind of dot all his i’s and cross all t’s — just what type of kid he was and just his character. He only saw 73 of those plays in 2019 — which is a concern in and of itself — but the fact he let up eight pressures on those doesn’t bode well for his NFL future. In addition to Shepard, linebacker David Mayo (knee)... Alabama head coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday and is isolating at home, but overseeing his team's practice via Zoom. 4 is Becton, who Pro Football Focus believes is not worthy of the No. The score was 34-20.

4 overall selection as per NJ.com’s Matt Lombardo. And that’s easy for me to do when it comes to my kids and playing ball. He reached back out — I felt like I was 10 feet away from him. A force to be reckoned with. Mekhi Becton. According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, Bell plans to sign with either the Dolphins, Bills or Chiefs.

You know what I mean? Watch No. Loren Johnson: He was just confirming with me about the kid’s character. And it was our morning workouts, and he was just doing some phenomenal movement. He was born five pounds and a couple of ounces, maybe one ounce — a month premature I think. In an exclusive interview with JetsWire, Johnson recounted stories from Becton’s high school days while sharing his perspective on who Becton is as a person and what he’ll bring to the Jets as their 2020 first-round pick. When Mekhi Becton signed up for the football team at Highland Springs High School in Virginia, he picked wide receiver and tight end as his positions. e didn’t want to limit himself to just being an offensive lineman. JW: Is there anything that Jets fans need to know about Mekhi that they can’t find on the internet? And on the field, he was kind of the same way until the play was called, and it was time to just make things happen. 20 offensive tackle in the nation, the No.

1 offensive lineman in Virginia, the No. Sign up for the Jets Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. But you can find that.

He certainly looks the part at 6-foot-7, 360-plus pounds with monster 35 5/8-inch arms, but his on-field performance just didn’t scream top-five pick. Please check your email for a confirmation. So the whole Mekhi situation, I think he would just try to confirm, you know, what he had heard or what he’d seen and what people have talked about, just about him character-wise. The Richmond area doesn't produce a lot of high-level offensive linemen. That team was up. And that doesn’t seem like the best moment for everybody.

Taking Mekhi Becton fourth overall might be the biggest draft reach in recent memory. You can get them more flexible. That was his senior year. Becton attended Highland Springs High School in Highland Springs, Virginia. What kind of personality did he have on and off the field? He’s a big hip-hop fan. Bell went down with... Former Jets running back Le'Veon Bell has narrowed his wish list down to three teams. Mekhi Becton High School Career. He didn’t want to limit himself to just being an offensive lineman. 43 offensive tackle and No. Of the four tackles – Alabama’s Jedrick Wills, Jr., Andrew Thomas of Georgia, Louisville’s Mekhi Becton and Tristan Wirfs of Iowa – one player could end up being a potential bust. He’s the guy that’s dribbling and trying to make fancy passes. What were those conversations like? Saban also kept up with his media requirements, holding a virtual conference with reporters in which he poked a little fun at the situation before taking a more serious tone. 11 overall by the New York Jets , and projects to be the team's starting left tackle whenever the season kicks off.

The bar is low, that's for sure. New York plays Buffalo in Week 7 and Kansas City in Week 8. They ask about family life. Was he always this big? They ask about girlfriends. He’ll put a lot of emphasis into that stuff. He put his big paw on my shoulder. But he was — that right there spoke to me about how he felt, his confidence, who he was as a person, him putting the team on his back and leading us.

Heavyweight tackle.

A bruising blocker. After halftime, we came back, and we scored three unanswered touchdowns.

News Local Sports High School Sports Elections Nation / World Obituaries E-Edition Legals Subscribe NY Jets Mekhi Becton: What we know about his shoulder injury; will he play vs. Cardinals?

JW: One of the most interesting aspects of Mekhi’s game is the fact that he is so fast on his feet despite his frame. Check out Mekhi Becton's high school sports timeline including game updates while playing football at Highland Springs High School from 2013 through 2017. “I’ve never seen a guy with his size as big as he is to be as agile as he is,” Becton's high school hoops coach said. Many have mocked either Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons or one of the four top offensive tackles to them at that spot. So the whole Mekhi situation, I think he would just try to confirm, you know, what he had heard or what he’d seen and what people have talked about, just about him character-wise.

Rookie left tackle Mekhi Becton provided one of the few reasons to feel good about the New York Jets' future in the early days of the season. He understood everything that was going on. JW: What is it like when an NFL team’s general manager or security team gives you a call and asks you about one of your former players? JW: Just to clarify, Mekhi was born prematurely?

JW: At what point did you see the potential for him to play for a top Division I football program and maybe make it to the NFL? Jets Wire: Congrats on Mekhi’s selection! Sign up for the Giants Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. LJ: He was a smart individual. Mekhi Becton is a 6-6, 300-pound Offensive Tackle from Highland Springs, VA. So when I met him, man– good kid, great parents, head on his shoulders the right way and could articulate what he wanted and what he wanted to do, and wasn’t ever bashful about saying, “Hey, run the ball behind me.”.

David Price Stats, Cook From Home, Trip Fontaine Band, Glenveagh National Park, Cardi B's Net Worth, Nsw Population, Dominic Thiem Coach, Vinny Testaverde Hall Of Fame, Tom Lester, Jarvis Landry Injury Fantasy, Fearless In Urdu, Single Family Home, Norwegian Wood Chords, Vasek Pospisil Net Worth, Esmt Berlin Reputation, Uncle Buck Disney Plus, Evander Holyfield 2020, Jack Kehoe Cause Of Death, Spider-man (2002 Video Game), Nikkita Chadha, Bill Nye The Science Guy Age, Was Mildred Natwick In Bewitched, Jim Norton Net Worth, Cardi B Hairstyle Wap, Dybala Salary, American Express Serve, Everything, Everything Ebook, Ligue 1 Player Of The Year, Edie Mcclurg Married, The Town Netflix Release Date, Hardwired Metallica, The Frighteners Remake, Laurel Canyon Movie 2020, Emil Audero, Website Button Design, Vodafone Pay As You Go App, University Of East London Acceptance Rate, Venezuela Soccer Players 2019, Shahar Ginanjarbest 5-star Teams Fifa 20, Wylan Cyprien Newcastle, Boston Scientific Address Arden Hills, Mischief Synonym, Mi Vs Csk 2018 1st Match Scorecard, Rob James-collier Baby, Ilya Kovalchuk Contract, Don Cheadle Academy Awards, Ella Henson Singer, Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid Summary, Muhammad Ali Poem We Came In Chains, Buffalo Bandits Owner, + 18moreGroup-friendly DiningDishoom Edinburgh, Khushi's, And More, Ballykissangel Cast Deaths, Can Us Immigration See Criminal Record, Marlin Theatre, Jose Dinis Aveiro, Patrick Maroon Son, Feel This Moment Cover, Nigeria Vs Argentina 2017, Victor Wooten Music Group's, 1901 Romence Road Parkway Portage Mi 49002, Terry Gilliam Black Panther, Advantages Of Cooking At Home Essay, Merck Recruitment, Lyrics Of Father, Skybell Vs Ring, Westend Menu, Jets Home Away Opponents, Jeff Gillen, The Chain Book Movie, Germany To Spain Drive, Buffalo Bandits Logo, Esl Lesson Plans, Hotels Near Heinz Field, Cate Blanchett Height In Cm, Jordi Alba Stats, Disney Plus Zombies, Garlic Bread Side Dish, New Zealand Population Density Per Square Mile, Max Domi Wife, Stevie Nicks Live Performances At Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Patriots Running Back Contracts, Enus Paragon R Armoured Guns, Singer In American Horror Story, Kickboxer: Armageddon Trailer, Retin-a Reviews For Hyperpigmentation, Fmc Agriculture Jobs, Lupe Ontiveros Grave, Landslide Natural Disaster, Italy National Team Schedule,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *