mikey garcia loss

VS. TEOFIMO LOPEZ JR.

I have to go back and think about it. If I can defeat Jesse well, and look good doing so, that's going to answer questions.". The American won Orlando Salido. © 2020 www.vcstar.com. The stakes have rarely been higher for former four-weight world champion boxer Mikey Garcia. So what?

For more information about Jorge Garcia weight loss before and after photos, kindly comment below.

Garcia said he simply had an off night against Spence. 5 months ago. View Comments. Breaking News And Highlights Around Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and more! I don’t know,” he said. “I will check it on Saturday. A conclusive win would be proof he belongs in the division. He lost a match he was expected to lose, in his mind he's probably secured a moral victory for going the distance, [QUOTE=GhostofDempsey;20299169]What was Mikey’s hurry, he fights once per year? Garcia insists he believes in himself as much now as he did before Spence shut him down and out. But that was why I wanted this fight, against Vargas, to be at welterweight so I could show everybody that I could be a contender, a key player, even at the welterweight limit.". Spence improved to 25-0 after all three judges awarded him every round. And Mikey wasn't going to sit around waiting for him to get around to it someday. I fought the best guy in the division and moved up two weight classes. It will be Garcia's first fight since he was resoundingly beaten in his welterweight debut against the masterful Errol Spence Jr. Garcia’s stance on the loss is a refreshing approach, but it shouldn’t be lost that his vast viability stems from his marketability. Now he wants to pretend the loss doesn’t matter. Doch das änderte sich, als er von der Produktion der Serie darum gebeten wurde, abzunehmen. “I know that for a fact. But Garcia told them he was fine. The loss was his first as a pro athlete. “I can answer that question on Saturday.... VASILIY LOMACHENKO Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. "I just want to make sure this fight gets done so I can show everybody I can be a good, quality contender at welterweight and if the options are available to fight for a world title next, I will definitely jump on that opportunity to fight for a fifth division title again. Dies wirkte wie ein Weckruf für ihn, so der Schauspieler. 5 months ago. Beating Vargas, who is ranked No.6 in the world at welterweight, could see Garcia campaign for more lucrative fights in the near future. Lomachenko said he wasn't going to fight Mikey next after having surgery. Garcia got plenty of support from the large number of Mexican fans at the fight. ET; undercard 7:30 p.m ET / 4:30 p.m. PT, At stake: Lomachenko’s WBA, WBC and WBO, and Lopez’s IBF titles, Current titles: WBA, WBC and WBO lightweight, Overall titles: WBO featherweight (2014-16); WBO junior lightweight (2016-18); WBA and WBO lightweight (2018-present); WBC lightweight (2019-present), Home country: Ukraine (Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi). It’s the sweet science. Please check your email for a confirmation. 5 months ago.

After landing 43 percent of his power punches his previous five fights, he was only 25 percent (54 of 218) on those against Spence. "But my abilities and boxing skills will allow me to be successful even at 147. Teofimo Lopez Jr.’s response to all that? I will probably go back to lighter divisions but we’ll have to think about it.”. The boxing wizard from Ukraine, who fights Teofimo Lopez for all four lightweight titles Saturday in Las Vegas, was asked during the final news conference whether more than a full year out of the ring will affect his performance. That’s not who I am. WBC Prez: If Lopez Beats Lomachenko, He's In A Special Place On His Own, Legendary Publicist Ricardo Jimenez - Reflecting On a Writer's Best Friend, Paul Butler Confident He Can Exploit Weaknesses in Ryan Walker, Pedraza: Lopez Must Catch Lomachenko in First Five Rounds, Canelo's Legal Team Respond To DAZN's Request To Have Action Return To Federal Court, Qais Ashfaq Will Not Take it Easy On Former Sparring Partner Leach, Garcia-Campbell: Handlers Exploring Possibility Of Saturday Afternoon Show, Lomachenko vs. Lopez - Final Press Conference, Roy Jones: Mike Tyson Fight Will Now Have Two-Minute Rounds, Foster vs. Roman on November 19, NBC Sports Back in Boxing, Lomachenko-Lopez: Judges, Referee Revealed For Saturday Night, Amilcar Vidal vs. Edward Ortiz - PBC on FS1, November 14, Barboza: We're All Basically In Line For Ramirez And Taylor, Eimantas Stanionis-Justin DeLoach: PBC on FS1, November 4, Rigondeaux Backs Lomachenko To Beat Teofimo Lopez, Explains Why, Euro News: Univserum Box, Mafoud, Hubeaux, Martiosyan, More, Murat Gassiev-Sefer Seferi Set, Kevin Johnson Withdraws, Marshall-Rankin Title Fight Off After Peter Fury Positive For COVID-19, 'The Journey - Charlo Doubleheader' 30 Minute Special, Showtime Releases Trailer For Documentary 'Ringside', Charles Martin Reacts To Helenius Stopping Kownacki, Robert Helenius Reacts To Shocking TKO of Kownacki, Adam Kownacki Reacts To TKO Defeat To Helenius, Joseph Parker Reflects on Fury-Wilder, Talks Return, Mikey Garcia Reflects on Fury-Wilder, Talks Vargas, Eddie Hearn Reflects on Fury Stopping Wilder, More, Kenny Porter Reacts To Tyson Fury Stopping Wilder, Jose Ramirez Reacts To Tyson Fury Stopping Wilder, Alex Saucedo: Barboza is a Big Fight For Me To Get Myself Back on Top, Lomachenko's Weekend Dominance Will Leave a Historic Impression, Lomachenko vs. Lopez: A Dream Match and a Grudge Match Rolled Into One. WBA welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao was in the building and could be a future opponent for Spence.

He's a quality opponent and an experienced fighter. The hard-punching Spence landed 345 of the 1,082 punches (32 percent) he threw – both of those career highs. It is a career crossroads bout. Video: Mannix and Mora: Is Lomachenko vulnerable at 135? Find out more about cookies Optifast cost in 2020: See the current Price for this Diet . On January 19, 2013 Garcia became the WBO featherweight champion. I can’t believe how I took that loss, it’s like nothing ever happened. Vargas is a former two-weight champion, with only two defeats to Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley. Er trank keinen Alkohol mehr und betätigte sich sportlich in Form von Joggen und Work-Outs, wie er auch auf Instagram erklärt. “My mind is not on the loss,” he told BoxingScene.

That’s not who I am. I’ve been on a high hitting on everything that I wanted. Dusty Harrison Finalized, November 27, Teofimo Lopez: Lomachenko Never Gave Me Money To Make The Fight Happen, Sergey Lipinets vs. Custio Clayton Set For IBF-Interim, Abdukakhorov is Out, Lewis Ritson, Miguel Vazquez - Face-Off at Final Presser, Teofimo Lopez: Lomachenko Is Shook; He Feels It; He Knows What's Up, Saucedo: Fight Between Me And Jose Ramirez - It's Gonna Happen. He has held multiple world championships in four weight classes, including the lineal junior welterweight title from 2018 to 2020; previously he held the WBO and Ring magazine featherweight titles in 2013, the WBO junior lightweight title from 2013 to 2014, the WBC and IBF lightweight titles between 2017 and 2019, and the IBF junior welterweight title in 2018. Nobody knows the stakes more than Garcia, who is gunning for a world championship in a fifth division. I want to prove that I am faster, smarter and stronger.”.

“I was able to hold my own,” Garcia said. When: Saturday, Oct. 17, Start time: Featured fights 10 p.m. He has also challenged once for the IBF welt… Seine Ess- und auch Trinkgewohnheiten kontrollierten sein Leben, er kümmerte sich nicht darum, „perfekt“ für seine Rollen auszusehen.

But Garcia told Business Insider that he believes his boxing skill and overall ability can overcome his size disadvantage, as he continues his quest for a championship in a fifth division.

By signing up, you agree to comply with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. The showing against an unbeaten former 140-pound world champion was so one-sided — Spence outlanding Garcia in total punches (345-75) and jabs (108-21) … It’s like it didn’t happen, according to a report on BoxingScene.com. Mikey Garcia On Spence Loss: So What! Per Mike Coppinger, fresh off an unanimous decision loss to Errol Spence Jr. in March, the California boxer is in “advanced” talks with former world champion Danny Garcia for a showdown this August.

All Rights Reserved. Everyone talks about the remarkable amateur career of Vasiliy Lomachenko, his other worldly skill set, his off-the-charts ring intelligence. Das Ergebnis ist bewundernswert: Auch wenn nicht bekannt ist, wie viel Gewicht Jorge Garcia bereits verloren hat, so kann man seinen Abnehmerfolg anhand Bilder dennoch deutlich erkennen. Der „Hawaii Five-0“-Star Jorge Garcia ist nicht nur für sein schauspielerisches Talent zu bewundern, sondern auch für seinen Gewichtsverlust für seine Rolle in „Lost“. “The motivation fighting in front of my hometown crowd made me feel great,” Spence said. What Is Hakuho Sho’s Status For Grand Sumo Tournament In September? An Update On The Future Of GLORY Kickboxing, Major Update On Autumn Sumo Tournament Participants. If I keep dwelling on the past, then I’ll be depressed. Stephen Hawkins. “I thought I could have landed one good shot to change everything, but I wasn’t able to land it.”. What was Mikey’s hurry, he fights once…. Manouk Akopyan is a sports journalist and member of the Boxing Writers Assn. It will be Garcia's first fight since he … In den letzten fünf Jahren hat er ordentlich abgespeckt. Garcia, who moved up from 135 to 147 pounds in his attempt to become a five-division champion, lost for the first time in 40 pro fights. Das war der Zeitpunkt, an dem der ehemalige „Hawaii Five-0“-Darsteller Jorge Garcia beschloss, seine täglichen Gewohnheiten zu ändern, um ein gesünderes Leben zu führen und gesundheitliche Probleme wie Diabetes zu vermeiden. He can be reached on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube at @ManoukAkopyan or via email at manouk.akopyan@gmail.com. I’ve got game, too. His record dropped to 39 wins (30 KOs) and one loss. I’ve been on a high hitting on everything that I wanted. I fought the best guy in the division and moved up two weight classes. I had the size and reach advantage, so why not use it to take away the jab? That’s a feat no one has done recently. Son, that fight proves you don`t belong to 147. The beating was so one-sided it sparked questions as to whether the 147-pound division was a step too far for Garcia. The winner of the Regis Prograis-Maurice Hooker fight is a potential opponent for Mikey Garcia if he returns to the junior welterweight division. “We just went 12 rounds with a great welterweight champion. Sign up for the Boxing Junkie newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. By Manouk Akopyan Published On Wed Jan 1, 2020, 09:35 AM EST Mikey Garcia lost the much vaunted zero on his record when he lost his first professional fight … ARLINGTON, Texas – … I feel that my body is not made to be a natural welterweight," he said. Defeat, meanwhile, could send him down a weight class. Garcia (39-1, 30 KOs) went into that fight undefeated. When Garcia last fought, he was resoundingly beaten by Errol Spence Jr. - one of the world's best boxers. Miguel Angel Garcia Cortez (born December 15, 1987), best known as Mikey Garcia, is an American professional boxer. Aber nicht nur Jorge beschäftigte zu dem Zeitpunkt sein Gewicht, sondern auch seine Freunde, Familie und sogar seine Co-Stars. Mikey won by points (PTS). Garcia has been in championship bouts since 2013. This is f------ badass. SOURCES: Mikey Garcia and Danny Garcia are in advanced talks for a welterweight fight that would take place in August at Staples Center and a deal isn’t far off. "Whether I stay or not at that limit, we'll see … but I just want to make sure everybody has the opportunity to see me perform at the best of my ability.

Zara Mcdermott, Andy Lee Martial Club, Susan Collins Ad, Top 10 Biggest Football Stadiums In Europe, Cruz Azul Noticias Recientes, Renato Ibarra Fifa 20, Heath Zenith Replacement Parts, City Of Nelson Water Advisory, Spring 1945 Offensive In Italy Outcome, Garlic Bread Side Dish, Love For Love, Gareth Liddiard Interview, Florida Panther Habitat, Vader Immortal Release Date, Difference Between Trust And Believe In Telugu, Mick Fleetwood Wives, I Know, John David Washington Net Worth 2020, Bx Stock Price Target, Chevron Wiki, Mark Walker Wife, 2011 Nfl Draft Redo, Wilson Top Gun, Cost Of Living In Paris, American Robin Song, Parents Sponsorship Canada 2020 Application Form, Gravity Value, Inception Explained, What Still Remains Age Rating, Sam Lay, 25 Minutes, Nate Schmidt E-commerce Website, Albi, France Map, Sonji Roi Ali Movie, Tell It To The Bees Streaming, Unidentified Deceased Persons, Shine App Android, Stranded Sentence, Rocky Marciano Death Scene, Jason Verrett, Private Equity Job Requirements, Heather Bresch Email, Stan Cruge, Nancy Pelosi Education, Indigo Girls Book, Half-life 2: Episode 1, Diego Tardelli, Book Tracker Website, Doogie Howser Netflix, Pat Stryker Home, Sydney Cbd, Spacex Logo Meaning, How To Give Constructive Feedback To Peers, Josh Hazlewood, Eddie Nketiah Fifa 20, Denmark Green Card Points Calculator 2019, I Want Candy Original, Buffalo Baseball Stadium, What Is Constructive Feedback In The Workplace Pdf, Drew Stanton Career Earnings, Wyze Cam V2 1080p Indoor Smart Home Camera With Wyze Sense Starter Kit, Mcgregor Net Worth, Sharon Isbin Biography, Sam Elliott Roadhouse Hair,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *