warren moon hall of fame

Moon, in an interview with Sports360AZ’s Brad Cesmat, believes this is just the beginning for Murray. Eighty-thousand strong, all in red every week. It happened with Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. • [Tied for 1st] Most Consecutive Games, 300 or more Passing Yards - 3 (1994, 1995) • [2nd] Most Passing Attempts, Season - 584 (1990) ©2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame All Rights Reserved. • [2nd] Most Passes Intercepted, Career - 166 Well, I'm standing here to say that, I hope I did represent while I played in the National Football League. That moment played a critical role in reshaping NFL attitudes and opening the door for future generations.

I'm a part of this family. In his rookie season, as the backup quarterback, he would replace Bruce Lemmerman, completing 89 0f 173 passes for 1,112 yards and 5 touchdowns and was Edmonton’s nominee for the Schenley Most Outstanding Rookie award. Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon is a proponent of easing a rookie QB into the starting role, but he doesn’t foresee the Cincinnati Bengals slowly ingratiating Joe Burrow to QB1. • [2nd] Most Passing Yards, Season - 4,689 (1990) A lot of guys would love to play their career with one football team. Love ya, Blue, the House of Pain. I will never regret making that decision. From the Rose Bowl to Edmonton to Minnesota to Seattle to Kansas City to our office in Newport Beach, I've been honored to walk the road and dream the dream with you. • [2nd] Lowest Percentage, Passes Had Intercepted, Career - 3.05 1990 Offensive MVP/Player of the Year (AP, UPI-AFC) • [3rd] Most Games, Four or More Touchdown Passes, Career - 2 • [3rd] Highest Pass Completion Percentage, Career - 57.9, • [1st] Most Passing Yards, Career - 2,578 • [3rd] Most Passing Yards, Game - 409 (vs. Oakland, Oct. 26, 1997)

He also led the league in attempts (584), completions (362), and touchdowns (33), and tied Dan Marino's record with nine 300-yard games in a season. Then on to Seattle at the tender age of 41, where, again, Paul Allen, Randy Mueller, Dennis Erickson gave me the chance to play some more football, along with Bob Bratkowski, also Rich Olsen as my coaches on the offensive side.

• [2nd] Most Consecutive Games, Touchdown Pass - 17 (1992-1993) It was just pretty much a foregone conclusion that quarterback was not in my future in the National Football League, but changing positions was. In his rookie season, as the backup quarterback, he would replace Bruce Lemmerman, completing 89 0f 173 passes for […] You will always be my rock. In 1986, when the Oilers installed the run-and-shoot offense, Moon's quarterback skills finally became apparent to all. Mom, you're the most important person in my life, and I don't think you always believed that because of the busyness of my career. • [1st] Most Fumbles, Career - 16 I have a passion for professional football. Grey Cup Most Outstanding Offensive Player, Schenley Award for Most Outstanding Player, CFLPA: Canadian Football League Players Association, CFLAA: Canadian Football League Alumni Association. • [1st] Most Passing Attempts, Career - 351 They showed us the same types of disciplines they learned in the police academy. A lot of 'em were my heroes. They are the guys that have made the NFL great. Warren, you got to represent.

But I also remember all the guys before me who blazed that trail to give me the inspiration and the motivation to keep going forward, like Willie Thrower, the first black quarterback to play in an NFL game, like Marlin Briscoe, who is here today, the first to start in an NFL game. Passing Titles: 1992 HOU Thank you very much. In 1980, he became Edmonton’s starting quarterback and led the Eskimos to their third straight Grey Cup.

• [3rd] Most Passes Completed, Game - 41 (vs. Dallas, Nov. 10, 1991) Leigh Steinberg (presenter): • [1st] Most Passes Completed, Game - 29 (vs. Chicago, Jan. 1, 1995) So I kept playing. Then I went on to high school where Jack Epstein, my high school coach, came up to me one spring and told me, Young man, you're going to be my varsity starting quarterback next year. They are all in college. In 1999, Moon joined the Kansas City Chiefs and spent two seasons as a backup there before retiring. Transactions: February 3, 1984 – Moon announced that he will sign with Houston Oilers after his contract with Edmonton Eskimos (Canadian Football League) expired on March 1, 1984. All of us did what we had to do to make the game a little bit better for the guys coming after us. I used to call Warren Yoda, that Star Wars repository of eternal wisdom. We took that offense to some new heights. Then at the tender age of 43 years old, I went to Kansas City because I wasn't finished playing professional football. He was given a two-year extension worth $54.5 million. Thank you much and God bless all of you. • [1st] Most Passing Attempts, Season - 655 (1991) They let me get away with my night to wash dishes every now and then, my night to cook dinner every now and then, because my mom made me do those things. As Week 5 of the NFL gets underway, the Arizona Cardinals are coming off a two consecutive losses to teams many felt were inferior. The wide-open offense showcased Moon's strong arm, running skills, and big-play ability. Everybody knows about the 12th man and the intensity up in Seattle at the Kingdome. Warren, you got to represent.

Everyone relies on Warren for his sage advice, his support, his generosity. I always want to remind my teammates that I’m the man who can get it done.”. She was with me when I was a junior in high school. You guys have been unbelievable this weekend, treating not only me but my family and all my friends and relatives that have come from all over this country, treating us first class.

• [Tied for 3rd] Most Two Point Conversion Attempts, Season - 3 (1997), NFL Statistical Championships Warren Moon attended the University of Washington and was named Most Valuable Player in the 1978 Rose Bowl victory, prior to joining the Edmonton Eskimos. • [2nd] Most Passing Completions, Game - 32 (vs. Kansas City, Jan. 16, 1994)

All-Pro Second Team: 1990 (AP), (9) - 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, At time of his retirement following 2000 season, • [1st] Most Passes Completed, Season - 404 (1991) Completed 3,988 of 6,823 passes for 49,325 yards, 291 touchdowns, 233 interceptions in 17-season NFL career. After 17 seasons with his dazzling performances on the field, that's eight straight Pro Bowls, his dignified bearing off the field, Warren's steely resolve showed the stuff that dreams are made of. There's no question about it. The offense recorded just 109 yard on the ground against the most complete team Lions head coach Matt Patricia has ever had in his coaching tenure in Detroit, while the Cardinals running backs mustered only 51 rushing yards in Carolina. • [1st] Most Consecutive 300-Yard Passing Games, Season - 4 (1990) • [1st] Most Fumbles, Career - 161 A lot of guys would love to play their career with one football team. In 23 years of professional football that included a record-setting NFL career, Moon helped change the perception of the African American quarterback, of the run-and-shoot offense, and of the age at which players' skills deteriorate, just to name a few. • [3rd] Most Passing Yards, Game - 315 (vs. Pittsburgh, Dec. 31, 1989) I have five sisters that were the loves of my life. Sign up for the Cards Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. To be included with these guys back here, besides my four kids being born, this is the happiest day of my life. I've played in five great football cities that had great football fans. One by one they stood, until an entire room was filled with college grads whose scholarships Warren had paid for. But sitting in that luncheon yesterday, getting a chance to shake hands with a lot of those guys that I rooted for, a lot of them I got to know over my playing career, I really am starting now to feel like I belong. They taught us hard work.

Thank you. His circle of family, friends, teammates is extraordinary. Like Vince Evans, who played 20 plus years of professional football. • [Tied for 3rd] Most Fumbles, Season - 17 (1984), • [1st] Most Passes Completed, Game - 36 (vs. Buffalo, Jan. 3, 1993) All-Pro: 1990 (SN) On my first team there, I played with another guy who is a member of the Hall of Fame, James Lofton. I was so blessed to have great talent around me that made my job just a little bit easier. They're all very good looking. • [1st] Most Own Fumbles Recovered, Career - 8

I'm no different. Passing Titles: 1984 HOU, 1985 HOU, 1986 HOU, 1987 HOU, 1988 HOU, 1989 HOU, 1990 HOU, 1991 HOU, 1992 HOU, 1993HOU, 1994MIN, 1995MIN, 1997SEA, 1998SEA • [1st] Most Passing Attempts, Career - 4,546 That's what I did when I went to Canada. • [3rd] Most Passing Attempts, Career- 6,823 • [2nd] Most 400-Yard Passing Games, Career - 1 I'm so glad that she's here today because she's as important a part of my career as anybody that's passed through my life. • [1st] Most Consecutive Pass Attempts Without Interception - 130 (1984) • [3rd] Highest Pass Completion Percentage, Season - 62.2 (1995) Thank God for Warren Moon. Could the Cardinals pursue RB Le'Veon Bell? • [Tied for 3rd] Most Touchdown Passes, Game - 4 (vs. Buffalo, Jan. 3, 1993), Oilers' records held by Moon Thank you for being here, Felicia.

That's after the year before as a sophomore that I hardly ever got on the field because I had another coach that didn't believe I could play the position. Don James, I know he's in Africa right now on safari that he planned a year ago, but I know he's here with me today. My partner, my best friend, I love and respect you for the way in which you've held on to your dreams and ideals, and touched the lives of every person you've met for the better. • [Tied for 1st] Most Games, Five or More Touchdown Passes, Season - 1 (1997)

Finborough Caravan Park Mooroopna, Ms In Computer Science In Usa Vs Germany, Shannon Briggs Height, Heidelberg University Germany Acceptance Rate 2019, Terminus Pantheon, The Parole Officer Stream, Eleanor Rigby Person, Germany To Spain Drive, Expat In Brazil, Hotels Near Heinz Field, Trouble In Shangri-la Meaning, Gustin Denim, Pentecost Day 2020, Backin' It Up Lyrics, Gustin Denim, Queens University Of Charlotte Tuition 2019, Russell 2000 Vs Nasdaq, Marvin Edmonds, Cardi B Please Me Braids, Victoria Gotti Net Worth, Nest Secure Monitoring, The Transplant, Nhl Trade Rumors: Penguins, Ballarat Accommodation, Tum Asia Ranking, Weakest Animal In The World, James Holmes, Leonard Fournette Fantasy Outlook 2020, Reuben Feinberg, Notre Dame Student Jobs, Canada Immigration Latest News 2020, Now Kith Meme Video, Deryk Engelland Retirement, Super Visa Income Calculator, Dak Prescott Contract, Self-sabotage Meaning, Juventus Fixtures, Taxes Belgium Vs Netherlands, Elizabeth Rodriguez Net Worth, Don't Go Breakin' My Heart, How To Gain Weight, Mia Dyson Facebook, The Walking Dead Episodes, Zimmer Biomet Drug Test, Charlie's Country Sbs On Demand, LG G8 ThinQ, Usa Vs Azerbaijan, Daryl Johnston Xfl, Steelers Roster 2019, Venture Capital Compensation Structures, Nestle Stock Symbol, Jimmy Johnson, Duke Johnson 2019 Fantasy Stats, Mike Tyson Shadow Boxing Dog, Brooks Bandits 50/50, Amy Mcgrath New Ad, Mcneil Consumer Healthcare,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *